4 of a family, including children, burnt in Munshiganj fire
Four members of a family, including children, sustained burn injuries in a fire at their house in Char Muktarpur area of Munshiganj's Sadar upazila early today.
The injured are: Md Kausar Khan (42), his wife Shanta Begum (38,) their son Md Yasin Khan (6), and daughter Nahar Khan (3).
The incident took place at 4:15am in a room on the first floor of a four-story building. The injured are undergoing treatment at Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery in Dhaka, reports our Munshiganj correspondent.
Confirming the incident, Md Abu Yusuf, senior station officer of Munshiganj Fire Service Station, said, "After receiving the news, two fire units rushed to the scene around 4:40am."
"Before firefighters arrived, residents used water to put out the fire," he added.
After inspecting the incident, Assistant Officer of Munshiganj Titas Gas, Tariqul Islam Tuhin, said, "This incident did not occur as a result of a gas leakage. However, it is initially assumed that the family fell asleep at night after inadvertently turning on the gas stove."