Aryan Khan’s bail plea rejected again, lawyer to move high court
A special Mumbai court on Wednesday rejected the bail application of Aryan Khan again.
The bail application filed by two other accused, arrested along with Aryan in the Mumbai cruise ship drugs bust case, has also been rejected.
The 23-year-old has been lodged in a Mumbai prison since October 7 after being initially held by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) on October 2.
Shah Rukh Khan's lawyer Amit Desai told reporters outside the court that they are planning to move the case to Bombay High Court.
"We have not been told the grounds on which our bail plea was rejected," mentions Amit.
"We have to read the order first…I don't have the order yet. We will move the Bombay HC once we get the order," the lawyer added.
Aryan Khan in his bail plea said the NCB's contention that he was involved in the conspiracy and illicit drug trafficking was absurd and pointed out that there was no recovery of drugs made from him.
The NCB, however, opposed the bail plea and said Aryan Khan had been consuming drugs for a few years now and was in touch with some persons who appear to be a part of an international drug network for procurement of drugs.
The agency was relying on WhatsApp chats of Aryan Khan, which they claim point towards procurement of bulk quantities of drugs. The NCB had argued that although there was no recovery from Aryan Khan, the recovery of six grams of Charas from his friend Arbaaz Merchant points to conscious possession by Aryan Khan. (PTI)
The case has created enormous buzz and also saw NCB zonal director Sameer Wankhede alleging that he is being followed by and spied on by two Mumbai Police personnel. His security was tightened last week after he met Maharashtra director general of police (DGP) Sanjay Pandey, seeking the same.